Thursday, June 27, 2019

Money, What Kind Of Relationship Are We In Here?

So I've been wondering what to post this week. I've been having a hard time as all my posts ended up sounding depressing! I've been going through a lot of emotions lately. I've been working on improving myself with a lot of self help books and courses. Especially when it comes to money. This is one area that I have always struggled with and continue to struggle with. As I have been working on improving my mindset around money, it's crazy all the bad thoughts I have towards it and myself!

But, I am pushing myself to improve this part of my life. I'm sure like me, there are some of you who lack money and have a lack mindset around it. You stress every day about if you're going to have enough and hope and pray your next paycheck will be enough to cover all your expenses. Like food. I have had more times than I'd like to admit where I wondered if I'd be able to afford groceries. Then get excited when I work my part time job because it provides me with one meal per shift (life saver!). I have had many weeks of ramen noodles (and my body doesn't agree with gluten) and rice and beans (the kind you buy in a bag and have to soak).

Although some weeks are hard and can be stressful, I am working on bettering my mindset and not looking at my money in a form of lack, but being grateful for every penny and dollar I have. I am fortunate to still be able to eat and have a roof over my head and a car to drive me to and from all my events and my job. If you are like me, try to keep a level head. I know this may sound hard and you are probably thinking, girl, how can you have a level head when all you can afford most days is Ramen!

Believe me, I have been known to stress and freak out. I have witnesses to prove my insanity about money lack. But if there's one thing I've been learning about money, just like with everything else in life, what you think about you bring about. My steps may seem small right now, but I'm saying my affirmations and I'm continuing to read books on money mindset. Let's just say this is a work in progress.

If you are like me, I encourage you to start taking little steps towards bettering your money mindset. I've personally been reading "You Are A Badass at Making Money" By Jen Sincero. It's a great place to start!

What are some things you do everyday to better your money mindset, or to keep a more positive mindset in general?

No comments:

Post a Comment